Membership Services & Benefits
The SUBA Business Improvement District (BID) was established for the purpose of improving the business environment in the Alisal district of Salinas by providing local business with the support and resources they need to be successful.
- SUBA provides Advocacy and Mediation services for the members in matters that include code enforcement, zoning, licensing, and public safety.
- SUBA members have access to SUBA’s facilities (meeting room) for presentations or meetings.
- SUBA members have access to SUBA’s Business Resources Center, which includes access to computers, printers, and copier. SUBA can also work with members to provide for use of a discounted “Bulk” Rate postage.
- SUBA helps members market and promote their businesses through various tools that include our quarterly newsletter, website (member directory and linking your business website), mass-email service, and we can also help you draft press-releases for your business.
- SUBA sponsors Workshops, Presentation and Educational Programs to meet the needs and interests of its members.
- The SUBA Safety Programs inform members of the community’s safety information and resources available to them.
- SUBA members benefit from the special events that SUBA hosts, sponsors and coordinates. Members may get first selection or exclusivity to the vendor booths. They have the opportunity to participate at the events which help them market and promote their businesses and profit.
- Las Posadas, annual marketing event tied to the Christmas Holidays.
- Valentine’s Day Side-Walk Sales – members can get a temporary use permit at no cost.
- Grand Opening/Anniversary Celebrations for your business.
- Members can participate in the SUBA planning of the events or activities.
- The members receive Members-Only discounts and incentives on classes, special events and other programs.
- Members can serve on the SUBA Board of Directors.
- Members can participate in discussions at the SUBA meetings. SUBA encourages members to voice their concerns, opinions and give their input about what is happening in their community or changes they may want.
- Members receive SUBA-related information via Email, US Postal Service or Telephone.